January 20, 2011
Early Bird Registration Ends February 11!
It is Important to Register by February 11th to Save! Register by February 11th to take advantage of the Early-Bird Rate. We are also offering a multiple person discount for company’s that have more than one person attending the forum. Each attendee after the first person registered will receive a $100 discount off the registration rate. Register now because this offer is only valid during Early Bird Registration.
Make Your Hotel Reservations Today! April is a very busy time at Disney and our room block will fill up fast. We encourage you to make your hotel reservation right away. Contact the Coronado Springs Resort Group Reservations at 407-939-1020 and be sure to mention ISTA or Transport Packaging Forum to receive our group rate!
Exhibiting Opportunity at the Forum Showcase your company's products or services in a casual atmosphere that promotes business discussion and networking! The Forum Exhibitor's Reception will be the perfect place for attendees to find that innovative solution they've been looking for, and for company's to connect with hundreds of packaging professionals with a wide range of interests. Visit the Forum website for more information. Contact Meredith Dougherty at ISTA Headquarters today if you are interested in exhibiting. Booth space is limited and is assigned on a first-come basis.
Additional Workshop and Training Session at the Forum:
ISTA’s Certified Thermal Professional (CTP) Level II
2011 Technical and Editorial Changes to ISTA Procedures and Projects
ISTA has made technical and editorial changes to several ISTA Procedures and Projects for 2011. The changes are included in the current versions; Members can LOGIN to the ISTA Member Center to download the 2011 versions now. Non-members can purchase the new versions through the ISTA E-Market.
Changes made for 2011 include:
Guide 5B will NO LONGER PUBLISHED. Refer to ISTA 7E and Standard 20 for the testing of insulated shipping containers
2011 will be the LAST YEAR of publication for Procedure 7D. Refer to ISTA 7E for the testing of insulated shipping containers
Project 3K is ISTA’s new project for Fast Moving Consumer Goods in the European Retail Supply Chain. CLICK HERE to see the Overview. Members can LOGIN to the ISTA Member Center to download the full project.
Procedures 2A, 2B: a technical change was made to the formula used to determine the S value for compression testing.
Procedures 2C, 3H: a technical change was made to the Air Ride vibration spectrum, allowing more labs the ability to do the testing.
Procedure 2F: a correction was made to directions
in Test Block 6 and the formula for Large/Heavy packaged-products
Procedures 3E, 3H: the Before You Begin Compression section was revised for clarification when using the Apply & Release method
Procedure 3H: the Before You Begin Compression Testing re-written for easier interpretation of the requirements.
Procedures 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B, 2C, 3E, 3F, 3H: the Compression testing equipment requirements changed to now allow fixed or floating platens
The 6-Series description was revised to allow for additional uses of the 6-Series
The Guidelines for Selecting and Using ISTA Procedures and Projects has been updated to reflect changes made to the procedure line-up; also added 2 new sections on using “engineering judgments” and the applicability of recommendations or certification from other industry organizations.
Upcoming ISTA Certified Thermal Professional
(CTP) Level II Training Sessions
UPCOMING CTP LEVEL II TRAINING SESSIONS:
April 18, 2011
The fee includes: registration, materials, continental breakfast, lunch and breaks. You must complete and pass the CTP Level I exam prior to attending the CTP Level II Training Session.
More about a Certified Thermal Professional (CTP) Level II - A CTP Level II individual has a comprehensive working knowledge of all of the documents contained in Standard 20, and is capable of running a lab performing the tests specified by Standard 20. CTP II personnel understand the entire process from design to final certification of an ISC. They are capable of creating compliant, accurate and properly attested documentary packages. Level II Certification is acquired by a two step process. First, a qualification test is required and secondly, participation in an onsite training session. At the end of the training session, a performance evaluation will be made (format at the discretion of the auditor presenting the session).
CTP Level II Training Sessions will be presented by Jim Cox.
Click here for complete information about becoming an ISTA Certified Thermal Testing Laboratory.
Click here for complete information about ISTA's CTP Program.
MEMBERS: Time to Renew Your Membership!
Dues can be paid one of several ways:
2. FAX your dues invoice with the bottom portion completed with your credit card info to +1 517-333-3813
3. WIRE the payment from your bank to ours – contact ISTA for our bank account information
4. LOGIN to the ISTA Member Center (Delegate contact only) and pay via credit in just a few easy steps (go to http://www.ista.org/members and Click on Pay Member Dues)
5. CALL in your credit card payment to +1 517-333-3437
Don’t let your membership lapse! The 2011 Resource Book will be ready for distribution in mid-February and only members who have paid dues will receive their complimentary copies. Other ISTA member benefits are attached to your dues payment as well, including:
• Certification Status and Usage – whether it the Transit Tested Mark, Laboratory Classification or CPLP; this recognition, promotion and usage is reserved for active members only.
• Online access through our Member Center, providing you with the most current procedures, the member directory, update contact information, and quickly renew your membership dues.
• Subscriptions to i-News, and ista views that update members on industry news, advances in technology, and the ISTA happenings around the world.
• Expert support with a wide range of resources including ISTA’s online Support Center to help you as a member solve your packaging concerns, or improve on the success you already have.
• Discounted member rates on educational events – The Forum, Symposiums and Workshops.
• Participation in the CPLP program, a 3-tiered personal certification program to help you as a member further your packaging testing knowledge and invest in your professional career.
Contact Meredith Dougherty if you need to make revisions to your
dues invoice, add a Purchase Order number, or wish to make payment
arrangements (517-333-3437 ext 217 ; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pro-Pack Testing Laboratory: