Sam's Club Test Procedure Development Program
ISTA, with the cooperation of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is entered into an innovative program with the development of preshipment packaged-product performance tests based upon the Sam’s Club distribution environments.
With the introduction of the Wal-Mart Sustainable Packaging Initiative, ISTA began discussions with Wal-Mart about supplier development of packaged-products by using performance tests based upon the Wal-Mart distribution environment. In order to meet the objectives of Sustainable Packaging, Wal-Mart partners must have a clear understanding of what distribution hazards are present and at what levels of intensity they occur.
By developing custom performance tests, it will allow companies to design protective packages that don’t under- or over-package; ideally suited for this unique distribution environment.
Exclusive Benefits to Sam’s Club Sponsors:
• Participation in the Test Protocol Validation phase utilizing your company’s products.
• A live session to review, first-hand, the results of the analysis of the data collection presented by the project experts and attended by Wal-Mart representatives.
• Participation in a symposium to provide expertise in the development of packaging to meet Wal-Mart sustainability goals.
• Participation in a Webinar during the validation phase of the program.
• Opportunity to showcase case studies of successful efforts toward sustainable packaging.
• One free attendee registration to the next ISTA Transport Packaging Forum.
• Opportunities to network with ‘key’ leaders involved in sustainable packaging initiatives at various events such as the ISTA Forum, the Symposium and the Live data analysis session.
here to download the Sam's Club Test Procedure Development
Program Press Release.