CERTIFICATION FOR TESTING LABORATORIES
ISTA CERTIFIED TESTING LABORATORY
ISTA® Laboratory Certification demonstrates a strong commitment to transport packaging professionalism, as well as assuring a laboratory is properly equipped to conduct ISTA® package performance testing.
FIND AN ISTA CERTIFIED LAB Click here
Certifiication is available only to ISTA members and requires the completion of a series of equipment verification forms, as well as the production of a short video. Recertification is due every 2 years, or whenever a change in the lab is made that involves the movement or relocation of equipment.
Click Here and DOWNLOAD the necessary forms, video procedure and instructions needed to Certify your Laboratory.
Rotary Motion Vibration view video
Circles view video
Compression view video
ISTA CERTIFIED THERMAL TRANSPORT LABORATORY
ISTA Standard 14 explains the process required to become an ISTA Certified Thermal Transport Laboratory. Standard 14 provides the minimum requirements for thermal transit packaging laboratories to receive ISTA certification to perform ISTA thermal transit testing procedures and for those laboratories to be approved to designate specific packaging solutions as “certified” per ISTA published standard 20 and ISTA 7E.
This standard establishes the minimum criteria to be met for thermal transit packaging laboratories in the areas of laboratory processes and procedures, as well as equipment qualification.
Specific areas covered include: quality manuals, material handling; calibration, preventative maintenance, equipment qualification and re-qualification, training, document control, operating procedures, quality management system, data integrity and storage and data management files.
This standard defines the processes of:
HOW TO BEOME AN ISTA CERTIFIED THERMAL TRANSPORT LABORATORY:
• Download Standard 14 Click here to download
• Purchase Standard 20 from ISTA Headquarters (Includes ISTA 7E). Fee: $10,000 Click here to purchase
• Submit to ISTA Headquarters an ISTA thermal transport laboratory audit application, ISTA Form 0045, for approval. Click here to download
• Certify at least one employee as a Certified Thermal Professional Level II.
• Submit a thermal transport laboratory certification pre-audit and audit form, ISTA Form 0047, and after a successful review, an on-site laboratory audit is scheduled. Fee: $500 Click here to purchase
• A Certified ISTA Thermal Transport Auditor conducts an audit.
The possible audit results are:
Fee: $2,500 + Auditor travel expenses
• Laboratory certification period is for two years from completion
of a successful on-site laboratory audit and “certified”
status on ISTA Form 0047.