BENEFITS OF ISTA MEMBERSHIP
ISTA members include shippers who manufacture and distribute products, carriers who provide the distribution means, organizations that supply packaging materials and services, and testing laboratories that perform packaged-product performance tests.
Click here to download the ISTA brochure.
We Certify Confidence
• Provides visible proof that a package conforms to an established test standard and recognition by all parties that requirements have been met
• Is assurance the package is adequately protected against shock, vibration, compression and/or atmospheric hazards in the distribution environment when the appropriate procedure is utilized
• Reduces or eliminates the need for multiple trial shipments and gets new products to market faster while assuring their survival
• Strengthens your company’s position in claims negotiations as it establishes the adequacy of the package
• Assures greater customer satisfaction and enhances your reputation because your products arrive in the optimal condition.
The ISTA Membership Advantage
• Direct Support. Only members have unlimited access to the technical expertise of the ISTA professional staff, who can provide counsel in all aspects of transport packaging. And only members are provided free online access to the most current testing procedures and guidelines for their use.
• CPLP Certification. Only members are eligible to achieve Certified Packaging Laboratory Professional (CPLP) certification. For a manufacturer / shipper, having people with specific training and certification in transport packaging testing adds to the overall process of achieving effective, economical packaging.
• Resource Book. Only members receive the ISTA® Resource Book free of charge. Updated annually, this book contains complete information about all the ISTA Test Procedures, Guidelines for their selection and use, ISTA-certified labs, and much more.
• Education and Networking. Only members are provided regular opportunities to exchange theories and best practices. ISTA educational and networking opportunities allow members to keep current with both test procedures and developments in the transport packaging industry. From our annual International Transport Packaging Forum, Workshops and International Symposiums, ISTA is committed to providing quality educational events that respond to the industry and will deliver direct benefits to you and your company.
• ista views and i-News. All members receive free subscriptions to ISTA’s digital magazine ista views and electronic newsletter i-News. These publications contain not only ISTA and industry news, but also technical and operational information which can directly influence the bottom line and make your job easier.
• Global Network. Only members are given access to our extensive worldwide network of resources and support that will keep you at the leading edge of your profession and industry. The active participation and expertise of our diverse international membership provides a strength you can rely on.
• Free and complete online access
to all Test Procedures. As Procedures are revised and new
Projects added, members can keep up-to-date with free downloads of
PDF versions of all our testing protocols.